“When her best friend Meg drinks a bottle of industrial-strength cleaner alone in a motel room, Cody is understandably shocked and devastated. She and Meg shared everything—so how was there no warning? But when Cody travels to Meg’s college town to pack up the belongings left behind, she discovers that there’s a lot that Meg never told her. About her old roommates, the sort of people Cody never would have met in her dead-end small town in Washington. About Ben McAllister, the boy with a guitar and a sneer, who broke Meg’s heart. And about an encrypted computer file that Cody can’t open—until she does, and suddenly everything Cody thought she knew about her best friend’s death gets thrown into question.”
1) The writing. Forman’s writing is always so great. i love the way she pictures feeling with words. Beautiful.
2) Cody. Cody is one strong girl. i don’t think i would have been able to do what she did. She’s independant and relatable. I like her alot.
3) The mystery. i really wanted to understand and know what the hell was going on. It took me around 100 pages to really get into it, but when i did, i couldn’t put it down.
4) the emotion. This was one very emotional and dark read. The ending almost had me crying. It was touching and heartbreaking.
What i didn’t liked about this book :
1) The first part. like i said it really took me a while to get into it and i almost put it down. the only reason why i didn’t is because people told me that it gets better, so i kept reading, and it got better.
2) The romance. i think the romance in this book was not necessary and not very original. A broken girl and a mysterious boy. She never had sex, he’s a player, but he’s ready to change is life for her and bla bla bla. It was too quick and annoying. To me, it broke the emotional vibe of the book. I like Ben, he’s a great character, but it would have been better if they were only friends.
Overall, i really enjoyed this book. Yes, it had some flaws, but i still think it was a great.
I Was Here : 4/5