“The enchantment continues….
The universe of the Lunar Chronicles holds stories—and secrets—that are wondrous, vicious, and romantic. How did Cinder first arrive in New Beijing? How did the brooding soldier Wolf transform from young man to killer? When did Princess Winter and the palace guard Jacin realize their destinies?
With nine stories—five of which have never before been published—and an exclusive never-before-seen excerpt from Marissa Meyer’s upcoming novel, Heartless, about the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, Stars Above is essential for fans of the bestselling and beloved Lunar Chronicles.”
i was soooooooooo excited about this book. I just love this world so much and i will always enjoy Meyer’s writing. It’s such a fantastic world. It was also really great to meet up with some of my favorite characters! I wrote a little something about the stories while I was reading them :
- The Keeper : The story was okay, but i feel like i was waiting for more since it was the start, the first story. I’m glad i got to see more of Scarlet, she’s my favorite female character, but i didn’t care much for the rest. 4/5
- Glitche : Cute little story about Cinder’s past! 4/5
- The Queen’s Army : It’s a story about my Wooooolf. I loved reading about how Wolf became who he is in the Lunar Chronicles. Very interesting. I love Wolf. 4.5/5
- Carswell’s guide to being lucky : This was such a fun little story, young Thorne is actually really fun to follow around. He didn’t change much, haha. 4/5
- After Sunshine Passes By : A bit dissapointed by this one. Short and uneventful. 3/5
- The Princess and The Guard : awhh, that was such a good story! I love that we got to see more of Winter and Jacin, i felt like we didn’t get enough of them in the series! Painful, emotional and sad. My favorite so far. 5/5
- The Little Android : meh. Ithis one felt a bit flat for me, i didn’t care very much. It was okay, but nothing fantastic. 3/5
- The Mechanic : it was interesting to see that scene from Kai’s POV. Very enjoyable! 4.5/5
- Something Old, Something New : AWHH, this story was incredible and adorable and awhhhhhh. I love it. My favorite couple got married people, and it makes me happy. so freaking happy. I was smiling so much all the way. LOVE IT. 5/5
Overall, i found this book to be quick, fun and very enjoyable! I wish we had more post- Lunar chronicles stories, but the last one really made up for it. It was a wonderful conclusion to one of my favorite series.
Stars Above : 4.5/5