Happy New Year to all of you. May 2019 be full of interesting stories, inspiration and good times.
But before heading into 2019, let me give you my list of favorite books of 2018.
10. Obsidio – Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff : 4/5
9. Leah on the offbeat – Becky Albertalli : 4.5/5
8. Sakura Cardcaptor – Clear Card Vol. 1 @ 4 : 4/5
7. All Your Perfect – Colleen Hoover : 4.5/5
6. Eliza and her monsters – Francesca Zappia : 4.5/5
5. My Hero Academia Vol. 1 @ 10 : 4.5/5
4. City of Ghost – Victoria Schwab : 4/5
3. The Hazel Wood – Melissa Albert : 4.5/5
2. Undead Girl Gang – Lily Anderson : 5/5
annnnnnd my favorite book of the year is…
1. Hexen’s Cross – J. Kowallis : 5/5 ( My review)
The magic calls her. A prophecy binds her. The ancestors guide her. Dr. Taran Grim, a young professor of occult studies, knows the written history of witches better than anyone in her field. And she should. She’s one of them. After a mysterious stranger arrives at her office inquiring about the mythical staff of Woden, Taran’s curiosity reveals a millennia-old prophesy directly tied to her. The answers wait in Bryden, England and the only person who can help her gain access to the hidden valley is the descendant of Ruhmactir, and a member of the shape-shifting Geri clan: Collens “Coll” Donovan. But the Donovans have secrets of their own, and Taran’s underdeveloped magic is wreaking strange havoc on her life. If she can’t manage her magic and strike a truce with Coll, they’ll fail to prevent the prophesied event known as Deireanhexe: the end of the hexen race.
i’m setting my 2019 reading challenge to 50 books. Hopefully i can make it happen!
Again, happy new year. Thanks for being part of my year and sticking around for the next one.